Performing Arts Venues
Salt Lake City
- George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles Theateris a 2,468-seat, Broadway-style venue with touring shows and major concerts
- Temple Square featuring performances by The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square (formerly known as the Mormon Tabernacle Choir)
- Utah Symphony
- Utah Opera
- Hale Center Theatre or the Pioneer Theatre Company, the professional theatre in residence at University of Utah, are great for family-friendly performance.
- Salt Lake Acting Company is a local favorite for their irreverence and parody.
- Dance aficionados can watch ballerinas perform at Ballet West or take in a contemporary dance performance by the Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company.
- Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center is a 3-venue complex hosting dance & theater performances.
North of Salt Lake City
South of Salt Lake City
- Sundance Summer Theater | Sundance
- The Covey Center for the Arts | Provo
- The Hale Center Theater | Orem
- Tuacahn Center for the Arts
- O.C. Tanner Amphitheater | Springdale (outside Zion National Park)
- The Beverley Taylor Sorenson Center for the Arts (The Beverley) | Location of the Utah Shakespeare Festival
Arts & Music Stories
24 Hours in Cedar City
A unique small town, Cedar City is a perfect place to stop on your journey to natural wonders such as Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon National Park.
6 Utah Music Festivals Adding a Soundtrack to Your Road Trip
Music is deeply entrenched in Utah's cultural lifestyle. For example, read about Utah's capital, Salt Lake City, and you'll soon discover it's one of a handful of cities its size that is home to a professional ballet, symphony and opera, alongside multiple theater companies, dance companies, America's choir and so much more. Music is as much a part of Utah's landscape as our iconic mountains and arches. Discover some of Utah's music festivals here.
'Bad' Brad: A Story of Blues, Blood and Legendary Jazz
Meet Utah’s legendary DJ and blues musician, “Bad” Brad Wheeler. Take a peek into the history of Salt Lake City’s music scene through the memories of Bad Brad.
Chasing the Arts in Davis County
Discover the wealth of cultural opportunities in Davis County, Utah. Slow down, take in a show, check out some art, soak up some history and enjoy the offerings along I-15 between Ogden and Salt Lake.
High Art & Hometown Americana
There’s no shortage of fun things to do in Logan, Utah. From theatre to arts and crafts to unique dining, we have your Logan guide. Check it out!
How to Experience the Thriving Arts & Culture of St. George
St. George, Utah has transformed from gateway town to booming art hub. And whether you visit for theater amidst the red rocks or the galleries of Kayenta, you’ll find a big-city scene coupled with small-town charm.
Music of the Cottonwoods
Discover the sound of two iconic Utah bands — Talia Keys and the Love and Pixie and the Partygrass Boys — whose music is inspired by their love of life and nature.
Crucialfest weaves metal and indie rock into the fabric of Salt Lake City
Sundance, Full Circle
Come for the films but stay for ... everything else. Whether you’re an out-of-state visitor or a local looking for celebrity sightings; staying at the Waldorf Astoria or driving up from your apartment set-up in your mother’s basement; on a marathon screening schedule or mixing in fine dining and the area's wintry recreation, Sundance Film Festival boasts films and experiences for everyone.
Temple Square: The Geographical and Musical Heart of Salt Lake
Learn more about Temple Square: The Geographical and Musical Heart of Salt Lake City and home to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and their weekly performances.
The Legendary Joe McQueen: Utah's Original Jazz
Legendary saxophonist Joe McQueen is the musical godfather of Ogden's lively 25th Street. Hear his story and explore some of Ogden's (and Salt Lake City's) best nightlight and jazz clubs.
The Salt of Sound: Live Music in Salt Lake City
Check out the live music scene while visiting Utah. Salt Lake City’s numerous music venues offer something for every music lover. Watch Salt of Sound for a taste.