Nordic Valley Ski Resort overlooks a spectacular rural landscape just an hour north of Salt Lake City International Airport. The valley feels wonderfully secluded and offers the best of The Greatest Snow on Earth® at a budget-friendly price. In the coldest months, nearby Pineview Reservoir becomes a sea of ice that catches the colors of sunrise and sunset. Long recognized as an ideal mountain for those new to skiing, surprising diversity of terrain and Utah's signature snow; Nordic Valley is one of the lesser known resorts among the Ogden Valley bunch. The times, however, are changing and the secret is out.
- Falling Star | Black Diamond - Some trails are perfect for hot doggers who want to show off their cool moves to everyone on the lift. Falling Star is one of them. With its direct path down the Alpine lift line, this trail gives the experienced skier a chance to let everyone know just how awesome he or she is. Practice well, and you may even get applause. If you wipe out, perhaps you'll become the falling star.
- Gold Rush | Blue Square - For intermediate skiers, it’s not often that you get to ski from the top of the mountain all the way to the bottom. But on Gold Rush, you cash in. Hit the Alpine lift to the top of the mountain at 6,330 feet, and take your time cruising the curves of Gold Rush on your tour to the end. Oh look, you’re right at the Alpine lift again. Why not go for a double before you take a rest at the lodge.
Run tip: Get your ski legs warmed up on the Bridger and Alpine lifts, or if you're an intermediate to expert skier, go straight to the Alpine lift and new cat-ski trails.
Make a Note
- Night goggles -If you haven’t had enough excitement at the end of the day, suit up for some night skiing. The entire mountain (including the Wolf’s Lair terrain park) is under light.
- Olympic feature - The world caught a glimpse of this idyllic valley during the 2002 Olympic Winter Games.
- Scenic drive - Enjoy the view from the car as you drive from the airport up Ogden or North Ogden Canyon.
- Plenty of space - The resort displays a 500-acre boutique ski hill.
- Excess entertainment - Smooth flowing lines and access to over 40 different features at Nordic Valley's terrain park will keep freestyle skiers and boarders plenty entertained.
- Snowfall - Enjoy Nordic Valley's annual average of 300 inches.
- Inexpensive lift passes - The resort's budget-friendliness has long made it an attractive destination for beginning skiers, groups and families.
Where to Stay Near the Resort
Note: Certain hotels in Layton offer discount packages!
Learn more about Nordic Valley or read more about where to stay and things to do in nearby Ogden: Destination Ogden and the Ogden Valley: A Whole Other Utah
Utah's Kid Ski Culture
Prevent mid-mountain meltdowns and find more ways to keep kids smiling and elevate your Utah family ski trip.
The lively and historic Ogden is an outdoor recreation mecca 45 minutes north of Salt Lake City, minutes from three ski resorts and infinite summer recreation.