Resorts & Experiences
Known as one of Utah’s most luxurious destinations, Amangiri lies just north of the Utah-Arizona border near Lake Powell. The spirit of Amangiri centers on the concept of hózhó, based on the holistic wellbeing traditions of the Navajo.
Park City Yoga Adventures
Hosted in the beautiful nature of the Park City area, Park City Yoga Adventures offer one of a kind wellness experiences that all have one thing in common — getting outside and breathing. Yoga classes are offered on paddle boards in the Midway Crater or suspended on silks strung in a wonderful aspen forest, both of which pair well with a guided sunrise hike.
Red Mountain Resort
Nestled at the base of Snow Canyon in Ivins, Red Mountain Resort is a hub for rejuvenation and renewal in Southern Utah. Here, you can tailor your retreat with their unique collection of adventure and wellness retreats which focus on mental, emotional, physical and nutritional wellbeing. (Read: Red Rock Dreaming)
Spa Montage at Deer Valley
Lying at the base of Deer Valley’s ski slopes, Spa Montage incorporates natural elements from its majestic alpine environment to provide the utmost in natural rejuvenation. Choose from any of their wonderful wellness treatments, then realign with an afternoon spent in the gorgeous spa facilities.
Sundance Mountain Resort
With art, nature and community at the heart of the resort, Sundance is a mountain oasis outside of Provo, and within easy reach of Salt Lake City. Start your day with a complimentary yoga or meditation class, then pursue a new passion by joining one of the numerous classes available in the Art Studio.
Read the Stories
5 Hot Springs for a Romantic Utah Long Weekend
For those seeking a slice of paradise, the mineral-rich hot springs of Utah are a picture-perfect destination for a romantic getaway built for two.
6 Surprising Activities That Take Place at The Homestead Crater
From scuba diving and yoga to swimming and snorkeling, this hot springs offers a lot in addition to a relaxing soak.
A Classy Warm-Weather Weekend in Park City
When it comes to spending time in Park City — Utah’s snow sports —mecca I prefer the sunny, urbane side of mountain life. Happily, there’s plenty of fun to be had for those who are looking to experience the “city” side of Park City, sans snow.
Day-tripping a Women-owned Business Enclave in Salt Lake City
While the lure of Salt Lake City’s shopping and dining experience attracts tourists to downtown, less than 10 blocks away is the trendy and unique 9th and 9th and Maven District neighborhoods. It’s brimming with 40-plus women-owned businesses that are helping to boost the local economy, as well as each other.
Discovering Box Elder & Bear River Valley
A scenic and compelling journey through Northern Utah’s Bear River Valley
Elevate Your Hiking with Mindfulness
Incorporating simple mindfulness techniques into your next hike can take the edge off anxiety and enhance your overall well being.
Finding Strength and Inspiration Deep in the Utah Desert
How a series of hiking and camping trips in Utah’s parks and wilderness put Elisabeth Brentano on a transformative journey from urbanite to nature lover.
Fresh Tracks in Kamas – Utah's Snowcountry
Not far from the hustle and bustle of Utah’s renowned Park City-area ski slopes is an untamed, snow-filled wonderland waiting to be explored. Here in the Wasatch Back, snowshoeing, ice fishing and snowcat skiing set the stage for an outdoors-facing winter getaway imbued with authenticity and solitude.
How to Photograph Snowflakes — Nature’s Fleeting Work of Art
Where there’s snow, there’s magic. Snowflake photography offers a microscopic peek at the pristine beauty of nature — whether you’re deep in Wasatch Mountain wilderness or steps outside a Salt Lake City hotel door.
Mystic Hot Springs and Music Festival
Explore on of the best hot springs in Utah, the Mystic Hot Springs in Monroe.
Pass Go: Making the Most of the Ikon Pass
That's right, Utah is home to six incredible Ikon Pass resorts. Plan your trip with this local's guide to making the most of your Ikon Pass in Utah.
Red Rock Dreaming
Opportunities for wellness and adventure abound in Southwestern Utah's Red Rock Country. Gaze at the night sky instead of a screen, hike trails, watch wildlife, embrace nature, and explore within yourself.
Resiliency Road Trip
The emergence of small Utah towns like Moab and Helper offer an inspiring backdrop for a road trip focused on reinvention.
Serenity Found in Torrey and Capitol Reef’s Cathedral Valley District
Taking Southern Utah’s remote, less-traveled path in Capitol Reef's Cathedral Valley District to nurture your body, mind and spirit.
Something Luxe, Something New: Explore Utah's Winter Ski Lodging
Searching for a place to stay during your Utah ski trip? Whether rustic, vintage, simple or luxurious, there's plenty of lodging options near your ski resort that will meet your needs.
Uniquely Utah Après Ski Spa Experiences
Utah’s ski and spa resorts combine two great worlds: outdoor action sports and cozy indoor relaxation. Learn more and book your stay today!
Walking The Line Between Risk and Responsibility
Why a Hawaii-based highliner and influencer hasn't returned to Utah — yet.
Wellness in the National Parks
Put your health on the itinerary with easy-to-follow tips to help you care for your body, mind and spirit while exploring in and around Utah’s national parks.
Women in the Wild: Transformation and the Outdoors
Paula Colman joins a weekend retreat for women in Moab, Utah, that has an eye-catching mission: Build your tribe. Connect with your inner spirit. Transform body, mind and spirit around the theme: “Ignite the Flame Within.” Follow along as she seeks her authentic self and learn how to find your own Tribe.
A Northern Utah wellness guide from Salt Lake City to Ogden, Park City to Provo, that will have you boosting your physical and mental health with wilderness hikes, canyon drives, wellness therapies and farm-to-table dining.
- Scenic hikes in the Cottonwoods
- Stargazing at North Fork
- Yoga & meditation in Park City
- Farm-to-table dining in Provo
Resorts to Red Rock: Utah Relaxation
From world-class spas high up in the Wasatch mountains to meditative adventures through the red rock hoodoos of Goblin Valley, you’ll find solace and reprieve in the diverse landscape that only Utah can offer.
- Park City Spas
- Art and Wellness at Sundance Mountain Resort
- San Rafael Swell Hiking Trails
- Horseback or Hot Air Balloon in Moab
- Valley of the Gods Tour
- Bear Ears and Bluff
Rest, Relax and Rejuvenate in the Red Rocks
The breathtaking red rock landscape of southwestern Utah is a perfect getaway for those times when you need some deep rest and rejuvenation. Soak up the warming sun, meditate to the dark Milky Way skies, and nourish yourself at wellness stops along the way.
- Rest and Relax in Utah's Red Rocks
- Yoga in Zion National Park
- Experience a World-Class Spa
- Enjoy a Unique Wellness Experience
Connecting With Nature
From Northern Utah’s high alpine forests to the sandstone deserts further south, these open spaces hold an immense power. They are destinations for those seeking to rediscover themselves, to inspire new perspectives, and to find strength among ancient landscapes. As you prepare for your next trip to Utah, consider these ways to glean more understanding and develop a stronger connection with nature:
- Disconnect - In an ever-connected, perpetual world it can take a deliberate effort to be truly present in nature. Plan time to disconnect from distractions. You may be surprised at the details you notice.
- Mindfulness - Strive to be mentally present in your surroundings and embrace your emotions. Allow yourself to truly appreciate your presence, whether in a moment of meditation or during a complete retreat. Time spent in nature often has a positive effect on mental health, so be mindful of each step. (Read: Elevate Your Hiking with Mindfulness)
- Discovery - Wellness isn’t only found in relaxation and rejuvenation. Each journey is an opportunity to make a lifelong memory, and Utah is a wealth of opportunity. Stop by a local favorite restaurant on your road trip, book an adrenaline pumping tour with a guide, or find solace at a hidden gem you’ve never visited.
- Consideration - Travel often promises enriching experiences, the kind that open our minds to new ways of thinking. Take time to appreciate the elements that created Utah’s ancient landscapes, and seek opportunities to learn with every step. Nature has the power to inform new perspectives, encourage healing conversations, and allows us to find new strength.
- Responsibility - There’s a sense of excitement that comes with planning a trip; finding the best local restaurants, embracing a region’s history, and knowing which crowded destinations you might avoid. As you venture into Utah’s natural spaces, consider the impact you will make there. We call that Forever Mighty — traveling thoughtfully and experiencing nature most fully.
Arts & Museums
Utah has many arts and cultural museums, as well as regular performing arts festivals.
From quick jaunts to stunning formations to rugged, multi-day backpacking, there are thousands of miles of great hiking trails throughout Utah.
Utah offers many stellar stargazing opportunities in its state parks, national parks and national monuments. Find a certified dark sky viewing location in Utah.
Utah Spas and Resorts
Utah’s luxury spa resorts are one of the best ways to relax on vacation. Learn more about our award-winning spas and resorts and plan your escape.