Enjoy the game in the one and only Ski City.
Explore the itinerary, then start planning your Utah ski vacation.
Have a passion for NBA basketball? Use your team's away game in Salt Lake City to show your support, while experiencing the only Ski City.
It's no secret Utah is a basketball town. The Utah Jazz were Utah's first professional sports franchise, this town shows up big time to support them — making for a great arena experience. And the arena itself is newly renovated and boasts 30 dining options, many of them local favorites.
But the game itself is just the beginning. Salt Lake City provides all the landmark establishments, high-rated dining and nightlife (yes, Steph Curry — you heard right), mass transit, creative culture, urban edginess and local events you expect to find in a thriving metro area, with the convenience and affordability of a place that hasn’t been discovered by the masses. In fact, Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr admitted his favorite NBA road restaurant is none other than Salt Lake City's Valter's Osteria.
The city's official elevation is 4,330 feet and looking to the east, the foothills quickly give way to the airy 11,000+ feet peaks of the Wasatch Mountains, home to the world-renowned ski areas of Alta, Snowbird, Brighton and Solitude, just 30 minutes from downtown. And while each resort offers slopeside accommodations running the full spectrum of amenities and budget, you can also ski like a local and make the easy run back down the mountain for the game paired with dinner, a drink, a concert, a show or whatever suits your mood.
In this itinerary, we've given you enough ideas to fill at least four days, whether or not you ski everyday and whether you choose to apply your skills at a single resort or try sampling all four. (For the latter choice, we recommend the Ski City Super Pass.)
- Quick Guide: High Culture in the One and Only Ski City
- Quick Guide: Family-Friendly Options in Salt Lake City
How to use this itinerary:
- Day 1, take care of what you came for. Cheer your team on and experience the atmosphere of Vivint SmartHome Arena. In addition, experience the city's culture and urban vibe.
- Days 2 and 3 offer up ideas for two days of skiing the backyard Wasatch Mountains that can easily expand to four or more days.
- Day 4 rounds out the itinerary's options with an overview of Salt Lake City's dining, drinks and live music. In other words, the essentials.