We know there’s a lot to consider when planning a ski vacation. The good news is Utah's easy access allows for More Mountain Time™ and easier planning.
- Utah has 14 ski resorts, each with their own flavor.
- From Salt Lake City International Airport you can reach 10 ski resorts near Salt Lake City, Park City and Odgen in less than an hour.
- For the southern resorts of Brian Head and Eagle Point, quickest access is through Las Vegas
- Most resorts offer ski schools, which offers benefits for adults and kids. Learn what to expect.
- You can leave your skis or boards at home and rent demo equipment when you arrive. Travel light, save on baggage fees and take the opportunity to demo the latest equipment. Local rental shops specialize in having the best equipment for Utah's snow. Some even offer a ski valet service to deliver rental equipment to your room in time for your arrival. Get gear advice from the experts
- Want the best conditions? Watch the video and learn about current conditions
- For residents and frequent visitors to Utah, check out the super pass or learn more about season passes.
- Got questions about winter driving, Utah liquor laws and more? Check out our Utah Winter FAQs.
Traveling with Kids
- How to pack for a family snow and ski trip
- Utah's kid ski culture, including best resorts for families
- Family-friendly and budget-friendly Salt Lake City ski guide
- Some families place kids in ski school for the morning to give parents some quality ski time alone, then ski together as a family in the afternoon (check out this family's journey).