- Vertigo | Black Diamond
Seekers of steep runs need look no farther than Vertigo. At a 31-degree pitch, it’s the steepest in southern Utah. Exit the Lookout quad chair, ski down Paiute Crossing to the short green run Black Diamonds Pass, which takes you directly to the Tushar Peaks Surface Lift and lets you off right near Vertigo. A great spot for powder days, this run (just under 900 feet of vertical) has the serious pitch skiers or riders covet to sweep through deep powder without bogging down.
- 11 Black Diamonds in a Row
Sometimes you just want to stay in one place for a while, hitting all the trails you can before it’s time for lunch. The Lookout and Tushar Peaks lifts give advanced and expert skiers access to 11 black diamond runs in a row. Take ‘em in directional order, or go Russian Roulette-style and hit them at random. Either way, you’ve got a wealth of bad-ass trails right in front of you on the mountain’s north aspect.
- Longest Run | Blue Square + Green Circle
Skiers and boarders often find that they’re having the time of their life on an awesome trail, only to have it end well before they’re ready to stop. Not here. Carve down the longest run at Eagle Point (9,600 feet long and 1,300 vertical feet), which you can access from the Monarch triple chair. For the tour, start on Big Horn (green), turn onto Glacier Glade (green) and merge onto Tunnel Vision (blue), which has the added fun of going through a tunnel. When you’re done, turn around and do the 1.5 miles again.
Run Tip: Advanced and expert skiers prefer trails accessed from Lookout and Tushar Peaks lifts. Beginner and intermediate snow fans pick among the trails off the Skyline and Monarch chairs.
Make a Note
- Rent out the whole resort - The resort still has rope tows and t-bars, which, as veteran skiers point out, can still lead to the good stuff.
- Little competition - No fighting over 450 inches of average annual snowfall.
- Hundreds of acres - Exhibits Six hundred skiable acres from five lifts.
- All experience levels - Showcases a few really long, easy runs for beginning skiers and plenty of intriguing steeper terrain off the Lookout quad from Canyonside to keep the experts on their toes.
- Legit diamond runs - Eagle Point has Tushar Peaks surface lift for advanced and expert skiers, which will serve Southern Utah's steepest black diamond runs: Delano Drop, Satisfaction, Donner's Descent and the 31 degree pitch of Vertigo.
- Family value - Eagle Point Resort’s lodging packages allows kids 17 and under to ski or ride for free. Families who stay in on-mountain condos or participating hotel rooms get lift tickets for the kids.
- Eagle Point Resort's lodging
- Additional hotels and lodging - Available just off I-15 in Beaver, the gateway town to Eagle Point.
11 Classy Ski Experiences That are Uniquely Utah
Utah serves up memorable and polished luxury amenities from a ski-in distillery to a celebrity-owned resort.
Ski City Quick Guide: Budget and Family
A trip to Ski City can satiate any skier's or snowboarder's bucket list. Best of all, it's family-friendly and budget-friendly.
150 S W Village Cir
Beaver, UT 84713