How To Experience Utah Virtually
Here’s a round-up of virtual experiences so you can stay home, and stay inspired.
During this season of social distancing and staying safe at home, we have created a round-up of virtual experiences to bring arts, music, culture, entrepreneurship, nature and more to you at home. We encourage you to take an adventure today, whether with kids, your doggo or solo, and experience Utah virtually, feeling that jolt of Utah-inspiration run wild inside you.
What’s even better is that these places, spaces and people are real and are ready, when the world’s ready, for you to come and really see. Until then, browse this collection of ongoing virtual experiences and discover that an adventure (or two) is not limited to walking out the door, but is attainable by pressing play. Learn more about Utah and COVID-19
- The Utah Museum of Contemporary Art is offering Art Everyday activities and Art Truck 360 Virtual Tours on their Instagram and website.
- The Leonardo At Home educational hub encourages visitors to keep learning wherever they are.
- Ogden's First Friday Art Strolls are being hosted on Instagram or Facebook from 6-9 p.m. (on the first Friday of each month). If you're interested in having your art displayed, submit your piece on Instagram using the hashtag #OgdenSharesArt to be featured.
- The Eccles Community Art Center's tour of their current exhibit, “Women — The Creative Edge” (video) as well as art tutorials on Facebook
- With over a quarter-million subscribers on her YouTube channel, Ogden’s own Jane Font’s series, “Painting with Jane” is a great way to keep up with this artist’s efforts and take note of some great homeschooling projects along the way.
- Take a tour of the Alf Engen Ski Museum and experience a history of skiing in the Intermountain West, from alpine pioneers to modern extremists.
- The King’s English bookstore posts storytimes on Facebook and Instagram
- Salt Lake City’s City Arts’ poetry readings by Utah writers on Youtube and Facebook.
- Utah Symphony (video)
- Orchestra of Southern Utah (video)
- Utah Opera (video)
- The Excellence in the Community concert series live-stream on Facebook
- Plan-B Theatre’s “The Audacity” streaming from April 1-5
- The Co-op music venue in Ogden has organized a three-day virtual music festival from March 27-29. “Love in the Time of Coronavirus” will feature dozens of locally based musicians, as well as acts that normally frequent the live music venues. The complete line-up and schedule can be found here.
- Ogden’s The Proper Way hosts Ogden's City Limits, an event documenting the process of musicians coming together in the studio, getting to know one another, learning, arranging and live-recording one cover and one original song with each guest artist. Follow them on Facebook to be notified of new episodes.
Filmed in Utah
- Repertory Dance Theatre Classes on Facebook
- Ririe-Woodbury’s creative movement classes for children daily at 11 a.m. on Zoom; and for adults at 5:30 p.m. on Zoom.
- Natural History Museum of Utah: Research Quest Live
- The Utah State Library Division: Resources for readers and at-home schooling families
- The Utah STEM Action Center offers STEM in the Home resources, including an updated-every-Wednesday challenge
- Hogle Zoo live streams with the animals on Facebook
- Tune in on Facebook at 3 p.m. every day for Loveland Living Planet Aquarium videos
- Tracy Aviary offers virtual experiences on Facebook
- Best Friends Animal Sanctuary is sharing the latest in their animal rescue efforts on Facebook
- The Ogden Nature Center is hosting virtual versions of their “Wild Wednesday” instruction on Facebook
- The Monarch in Ogden has ramped up the release of short, video studio tours on Facebook of many of the artists that work there
Parks and Outdoors
- Experience Utah’s parks in 360 with VR
- Experience Moab's incredible dark skies (video)
- Watch the best Utah visual storytelling (video)
- Witness a 360° virtual journey of Bryce Canyon National Park from Google's featured series, "The Hidden Worlds of the National Parks"
- Take a meditative audio-hike through Zion National Park.
Salt Lake City
- Take a virtual tour of Salt Lake City’s top destinations
More ongoing and date-specific Utah events