Sundance Mountain Resort
- Far East | Black Diamond - On Sundance’s back mountain, head up the Arrowhead lift to Far East, a double-black-diamond run that leads to steep bowls and gullies. Patience pays off when you run it along the ridge and drop in toward the end at Vertigo or Wonderboy, but you can take multiple passes on Far East and tick off the other five options, as well. At the end, all of it feeds into Pipeline, which runs to the base of the Flathead lift.
- Bear Claw | Blue Square -This long, wide-open blue run is accessible from Arrowhead lift and goes from a sweeping curve at the top to a broad, mild slope back to the base of the lift. Along the way, the run offers picturesque vistas, including views of Utah Valley and Bridal Veil Falls. The slow zones will allow you to enjoy both the trail and the views for a few minutes without trouble.
Make a Note
- Dramatic scenery - One of the highlights of Sundance is the Mount Timpanogos ridgeline. Located on the scenic Alpine Loop Road, the resort offers dramatic scenery and abundant wildlife to both downhill skiers and riders.
- Redford’s mark - Many of the trails at Sundance have names drawn from famous Redford films.
- Film festival - Furthermore, don’t forget about the Sundance Film Festival screening packages available.
- The Art Shack - Here, authentic and handmade gifts are part of an effort by the resort and the overarching Sundance Institute to inspire and awaken your artistic side.
- Run Tip - Take Rays Lift up to Arrowhead. Free from tracks, Bishops Bowl makes an attractive expert run, or cruise along Far East for a run like Johnny Hooker down The Sting. Beginners and children will love the Outlaw Trail and Stampede.
- Owl Bar - Add some authentic Western influence to your ski day with a visit to the Owl Bar. Once frequented by Butch Cassidy’s Hole-in-the-Wall Gang, the 1890s Rosewood Bar was moved from its home in Thermopolis, Wyoming to Sundance and restored so you can enjoy it.
- Nordic Center - Get into the backcountry with wide-groomed Nordic trails and separate snowshoe trails, courtesy of Sundance’s Nordic Center. Come back at night on certain dates throughout the season for full moon cross-country ski and snowshoe access, plus a guided snowshoe search for owls and other winter wildlife.
- Sundance night skiing - On Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights the majority of the front mountain opens up for night skiing. Grab the best evening runs off Jake’s and Ray’s Lift, where you can access Top Gun, Montoya, Stampede, Maverick and more. The Terrain Park is open too!
Summer at Sundance
Many know Sundance Mountain Resort for its scenic winter slopes. Come summertime, the resort serves up scenic lift rides, an epic zip line experience, mountain biking, fly-fishing, hiking, horseback riding and their renowned art studio classes and array of family-friendly activities — all accompanied by the resort's elevated dining experience. Which makes it one of the top resorts in Utah in any season. Learn more about summer at Sundance Mountain Resort.
While skiing, stop by the Bearclaw Cabin if only for the unique experience of hanging in a mountaintop lodge with a 360-degree panorama of Utah's Wasatch Mountains and the Utah and Heber valleys. This casual dining experience can get you back on the slopes, but you may find yourself lingering over the view for a while in one of the most scenic restaurants in America.
Where to Stay Near the Resort
Learn more about Sundance Mountain Resort
Sundance, Full Circle
Whether you’re an out-of-state visitor or a local looking for celebrity sightings; on a marathon screening schedule or mixing in fine dining and the area's wintry recreation, Sundance Film Festival boasts films and experiences for everyone.
The annual festival is one of the planet’s premier showcases for independent film, celebrity sightings and parties.
Learn to Ski Better
Investing in a little personal time with a ski instructor early on in your trip can not only help you improve your skills, but also give you valuable insight into the mountain.
Sundance Mountain Resort
8841 N Alpine Loop Rd
Sundance, UT 84604-9802