Flood Safety Due to record snowpack and high amounts of spring runoff, please be advised of potential flooding that could impact travel plans. Learn more
Aquarium Activities and Exhibits
- Visit the Ocean Explorer exhibit and find yourself "underwater" as you journey through the 40-foot shark tunnel with sharks, sea turtles and stingrays swimming inches away: through 3.5 inches of a 26,000-pound acrylic tunnel, to be precise.
- Meet the penguins up close with a Penguin Encounter. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The "Journey to South America" is a transporting walk through an aquatic-themed rainforest ecosystem with an anaconda, two-toed sloth, poison dart frogs and more.
- The Discover Utah exhibit will you get you up close to some of Utah's treasured wildlife and endangered species. Watch playful North American river otters swim and slide through their habitat which includes both indoor and outdoor space.
- Finally, journey to the far-away reaches of the planet with the aquarium's newest virtual reality experience. EECO Voyager uses advanced technology to transport you through virtual space to explore natural rainforests and vivacious ocean reefs.
Location, Hours and Ticket Information
This family-friendly Utah aquarium is located at 12033 S Lone Peak Pkwy in Draper, Utah – less than 30 minutes from Salt Lake City. From the north, take Interstate 15 to the 11400 South exit and head west (right) then left on Lone Peak Parkway. From the south take Interstate 15 to 12300 South and head west (left) then right on Lone Peak Parkway. The facility is open daily year-round, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. On Mondays, the Aquarium is open late to 8 p.m. with $5 off tickets purchased after 4 pm. Visit livingplanetaquarium.org for event information, specials and tickets, or call (801) 355-3474.