Social Media Agreement
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are you asking for the rights to my photo/video?
Our social team loves your photo/video and it is our hope to show it off to inspire travel to the beautiful state of Utah!
Where and how will my photo/video be used?
By providing us permission, your photo/video can potentially be reshared on Visit Utah’s social media pages, website (visitutah.com) and email newsletters. We always provide photo credit no matter the placement.
Why do you say "potentially share it" and not "definitely share it"?
Our marketing goals change over time and this means there is a possibility your content may no longer be suitable than what we originally intended to use it for. Therefore, we cannot guarantee we will definitely use your photo/video in our materials.
Will you give me credit when using my photo/video?
Always! There is never a situation we do not give credit to the person who took the photo/video. It is important to us that all content creators receive credit for their beautiful work.
Will you edit my photo/video?
Depending on our marketing needs, we may provide minimal image enhancements in order to meet our brand’s visual guidelines. Videos are never altered by our team.
Terms and Conditions
Thank you for your interest in allowing the Utah Office of Tourism to use your content. Please review the Terms and Conditions below. If you agree, return to your social media account and reply to Visit Utah’s comment with hashtag #YesVisitUtah.
The Utah Office of Tourism (“UOT,” or “Visit Utah”) possesses the domain name visitutah.com and the social media username Visit Utah. Through these and other platforms, UOT promotes tourism into the state of Utah through advertising and media campaigns which may include the use of user-generated content.
By replying to Visit Utah’s request for permission to share your user-generated content with the hashtag #yesvisitutah, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You warrant that you are eighteen years of age or older and have the legal right to agree to these terms and conditions and to grant any and all rights to your name, username, and image (collectively, “Name”) and user-generated content in the form of original photography, video, or text (“Content”).
- You warrant that you own any and all rights to your Name and Content, including the elements appearing in your Content (such as video or audio recording).
- You warrant that your content does not infringe on the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party.
- You warrant that, to your knowledge or reasonable belief, your Content is not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- You warrant that your Content does not violate any law.
- You warrant that your Content does not contain any personally identifiable information of anyone other than yourself.
2. Grant of Rights. You grant UOT the unlimited and irrevocable right, but not the obligation, to use and share your Name and Content: (a) on UOT’s website; (b) on UOT’s social media channels, such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, including both organic posts and paid advertisements; and (c) any and all of UOT’s other promotional materials.
3. Potential Use of Content. Subject to these terms and conditions, UOT may decide whether, when, and how to use your Content. If UOT decides to use your Content, UOT will make every reasonable effort to display your Name in connection with the use of your Content.
4. Grants of Licenses.
- You grant UOT a perpetual, transferrable, sublicensable, non-exclusive, worldwide license, to (i) use, copy, transmit, distribute, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, adapt, combine with other ideas or works, publish, translate, publicly perform, publicly broadcast, and publicly display your Name and Content (or any modification thereto); and (ii) use your Name and Content in any marketing, advertising, commercial or promotional purposes that UOT or its agents may deem appropriate.
- You grant UOT creative license and creative treatment in the use and production of your Content.
5. Waiver of Moral Rights. You waive all “moral rights” that you may have to your Content.
6. Responsibility for Content. You are solely responsible for your Content. UOT is not required to host, display, or distribute your Content and may remove or refuse to use your Content at any time and for any reason. UOT is not responsible for any loss, theft, misuse, or damage to your Content.
7. User Acknowledgements. You acknowledge UOT is under no obligation to use your Name or Content in any way. However, if UOT does use your Name or Content in any way or form, you acknowledge the following:
- that your Name or Content will be publicly displayed, and that your Name or Content will not be treated as confidential information.
- that UOT will not compensate you in any way for the use of your Name or Content.
- that these terms and conditions do not create a relationship or affiliation between you or any third party and UOT.
- that, despite UOT’s reasonable attempts to display your Name in connection with your Content, some placements may not allow for such a display, in which case UOT is under no obligation to display your Name in connection with your Content.
8. Linking Restrictions. If you link to UOT’s website or social media channels, you may not: (a) use any of UOT’s intellectual property; (b) create the appearance or impression of a relationship or affiliation between you or any third party and UOT; or (c) include in association with the link any offensive, distasteful, illegal, or inappropriate content, as UOT may define at its sole discretion.
9. Release of Claims. You release UOT and its agents from any and all claims you may have against UOT or its agents, or their respective successors and assigns, arising out of or related to the use of your Name, Content, or anything contained therein.
10. User Indemnification. You indemnify and will defend UOT and its agents from and against any claims that may arise from: (a) the use of your Name, Content, or anything contained therein; or (b) your breach of this agreement. UOT reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any claim otherwise subject to this section 8, and you agree to cooperate with UOT’s defense of such claims at your expense.
- Unless UOT otherwise agrees in writing, you may not change these terms and conditions.
- UOT may change these terms and conditions at any time at its sole discretion. UOT will post any such changes, effective on the date of posting, on: https://www.visitutah.com/.
12. Request for Removal. You may request that UOT remove your content from its website, social media channels, or other promotional materials by sending a written request to the following address: email@example.com. UOT will make reasonable efforts to respond to your request within 30 days from receipt of this request. However, UOT reserves the right not to respond or to deny your request for removal.