Antelope Island State Park
- 36 miles of hiking and mountain bike trails
- Kayak and paddleboards rentals at the Great Salt Lake marina
- Sunsets from Frary Peak
- Wildlife sightings include bison, mule deer, pronghorn antelope, coyote and some of the best birding in the world
- Gentle cycling on rolling paved roads
- An internationally-certified dark sky park, ideal for stargazing outside of the city
- Horseback riding
- Scenic drives
- Historic sites
- Birding and wildlife viewing
Things to Know
- During warm months, insects are present on the island and emerge at different times. A particularly pesky biting gnat emerges in the spring (April-June) and fine mesh head nets are recommended. Call the visitor center for conditions.
- Bison are very fast and should never be approached.
- The island hosts great annual events, including the Annual Bison Round Up. Learn more.
- Day-use entry fee required, purchase in-person or online. The Annual Utah State Park Pass is accepted for park entry.
- You can swim in Great Salt Lake, but it is five times saltier than the ocean, so rinse off and re-hydrate your skin.
- Frary Peak, the park's highest mountain (6 miles round-trip)
- Buffalo Point, a short jaunt up a hill with beautiful views (1 mile round-trip)
- Lakeside Trail, is an excellent trail with little elevation change and accessible throughout the year (6 miles round-trip)
Great Salt Lake Needs Your Visit
While you visit this mysterious natural wonder, you can also help save it.
Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge
This is the Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge, an eye-opening stop along Utah's populous Wasatch Front for any traveler and a top destination for any serious birder with gaps on their life lists.
Davis County in Northern Utah is home to Antelope Island State Park, Lagoon Amusement Park, Cherry Hills Recreation Park and much more.
Ogden is an outdoor recreation mecca. It has also worked to restore its historic art deco architecture and buildings and blend in new development toward a charming and vibrant downtown.
Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City makes a great gateway for travelers making a trip to Utah's ski resorts or southward to Utah’s renowned red rock country.