#UtahFromHome Coloring Giveaway
Thanks for your interest in Visit Utah’s #UtahFromHome Coloring Giveaway! Enter by 5pm on Thursday, July 9 following the detailed instructions mentioned in the first frame of the @VisitUtah Instagram Story.
We will randomly select up to 5 entrants to each win a small package of Utah-themed merchandise designed by Utah artists Made by Fell. Please review the official rules below to understand complete terms and conditions when participating in this giveaway.
These Official Rules (these “Rules”) govern the Utah Office of Tourism’s #UtahFromHome Coloring Giveaway (the “Giveaway”). The purpose of the Giveaway is to encourage social media users to follow and interact with the Utah Office of Tourism’s social media accounts. Any individual who enters the Giveaway in compliance with these Rules (“Entrant”) will be eligible to win one prize, as described herein. The Utah Office of Tourism (“UOT”) will select up to 5 winner(s) using a random winner generator. UOT will award one prize to the winner(s) in accordance with these Rules.
1. BINDING AGREEMENT: Entrant will read these Rules prior to entry to ensure Entrant understands and agrees. Entrant understands that submission of an entry in the Giveaway constitutes agreement to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between Entrant and UOT with respect to the Giveaway.
2. ELIGIBILITY: All individuals over the age of 18, or under the age of 18 with permission from a parent or guardian, are eligible to enter the Giveaway, except that employees, interns, contractors, and official officeholders of UOT are ineligible to enter the Giveaway.
3. SPONSOR: The Giveaway is sponsored by UOT, a Utah State Entity located at 300 North State Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84114
4. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The submission period is listed below. All dates are subject to change.
- Submission Period: 5:00 PM MDT on Wednesday, July 8 – 5:00 PM MDT on Thursday, July 9
- Winner(s) Notified: By 12:00 PM MDT on Friday, July 10
5. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Giveaway, Entrant is required to visit UOT’s social media account located at www.instagram.com with the handle @visitutah during the Submission Period and follow the instructions in the Instagram Story under the post(s) relevant to the Giveaway.
Each Entrant is limited to 1 entry. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entrant is not eligible to win more than once. To be considered for the Giveaway, entries must be: (i) complete (as determined by UOT); and (ii) received within the submission period specified above. Any submission not meeting the aforementioned criteria will be disqualified. UOT accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused.
At times during the Giveaway, a UOT representative may contact Entrant for customer service purposes. Entrant agrees to receive phone calls, emails or direct messages from UOT.
6. SELECTION: UOT will select the Giveaway winner(s) using a random winner generator only if there are more than 5 entrants. Subject to valid entry, each Entrant will have an equal chance of winning. Subject to these Rules, UOT’s decisions are final and binding. If a potential winner is unable for whatever reason to accept his or her prize, then UOT reserves the right to award such prize to another Entrant.
7. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: Each winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules. If a winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be randomly selected. The winner(s) will be selected and notified by telephone, email, or direct message, at UOT’s discretion. If a winner does not respond to the notification attempt within 48 hours, then such winner may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be randomly selected. With respect to notification by telephone, such notification will be deemed given when a winner or winner’s parent or guardian engages in a live conversation with UOT or when a message is left on a winner’s voicemail service or answering machine by UOT, whichever occurs first. Except where prohibited by law, any winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and provide any additional information that may be required by UOT. If required, a winner must return all such documents via email (or as otherwise instructed) within 48 hours following attempted notification or such winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another winner may be randomly selected. In the event a winner is a minor, his or her parent or legal guardian must sign the documents and return them as described herein. Determinations of UOT staff are final and binding.
8. PRIZES: The Giveaway winner(s) will each receive a small package of Utah-themed merchandise designed by Made by Fell.
The time of the prize distribution will be provided to the winner(s). No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for a prize is allowed, except at UOT’s sole discretion. UOT reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. Value is subject to market conditions, which can fluctuate and any difference between actual market value and actual retail value will not be awarded. A prize may be subject to restrictions and/or licenses and may require additional hardware, software, service, or maintenance to use. The winner(s) shall bear all responsibility for use of any prize in compliance with any conditions imposed by a manufacturer, and any additional costs associated with use, service, or maintenance of such prize. UOT has not made and is not responsible for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prize, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of such prize, including, without limitation, quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose, with the exception of any standard manufacturer's warranty that may apply to a prize or any components thereto.
9. TAXES: Awards of prizes to any potential winner are subject to the express requirement that any winner submits to UOT all documentation requested by UOT to permit it to comply with all applicable state, federal and local tax reporting laws. Any prize will be net of any taxes UOT is required by law to withhold. To the extent permitted by law, all taxes imposed on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). In order to receive a prize, any potential winner must submit tax documentation requested by UOT or otherwise required by applicable law, to UOT or a representative for UOT or the relevant tax authority, all as determined by applicable law. Any potential winner, and their parent or legal guardian for a minor winner, are responsible for ensuring that they comply with all the applicable tax laws and filing requirements. If a potential winner fails to provide such documentation or comply with such laws, his or her prize may be forfeited and UOT may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate potential winner.
10. CANCELLATION, DISQUALIFICATION, AND ELIMINATION: If, for any reason, the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned, UOT reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. UOT reserves the right, at UOT’s sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with any other part of the Giveaway or undermines the legitimate operation of the Giveaway by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices. All relevant laws and regulations apply. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, UOT reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrant to the fullest extent of any applicable law. Any false information provided within the context of the Giveaway by Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of Entrant from the Giveaway.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: UOT retains all rights in UOT products and services and entry into the Giveaway will in no case serve to transfer any UOT intellectual property rights to Entrant.
12. PRIVACY: Entrant agrees and acknowledges that personal data submitted with an entry, including name, mailing address, phone number, and email address may be collected, processed, stored and otherwise used by UOT and its affiliates, consistent with applicable law, for the purposes of conducting and administering the Giveaway.
13. PUBLICITY: By entering the Giveaway, Entrant agrees to participate in any media or promotional activity resulting from the Giveaway as reasonably requested by UOT at UOT’s expense and agrees and consents to use of Entrant’s name and/or likeness by UOT. UOT will contact Entrant in advance of any UOT-sponsored media requests for interviews.
14. WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: Entrant warrants that Entrant is the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of Entrant’s social media account. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant indemnifies and holds harmless UOT from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of Entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant agrees to defend UOT from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) arising out of or accruing from: (i) any Photos or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by Entrant in connection with the Giveaway; (iii) any non-compliance by Entrant with these Rules; (iv) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to Entrant’s involvement with the Giveaway; (v) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Giveaway-related activity or participation in the Giveaway; (vi) any technological malfunction or other problem related to the entry and participation in the Giveaway by Entrant; (vii) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry or voting information in relation to the entry and participation in the Giveaway by Entrant; or (viii) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners in relation to the entry and participation in the Giveaway by Entrant.
15. INTERNET DISCLAIMER: UOT is not responsible for any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed entries due to system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may limit Entrant’s/consumer’s ability to participate/vote respectively. UOT is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, which might prevent Entrant from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Giveaway.
16. SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM TERMS: UOT may use the following social media platform(s) to facilitate or supplement the Giveaway: Visit Utah’s Instagram Story and Facebook Story. Entrant completely releases every social media platform listed in this section 16 from any and all liability arising from the Giveaway and acknowledges that the Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with any social media platform.
17. NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: Under no circumstances shall participation in the Giveaway, acceptance of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with UOT. Entrant acknowledges that Entrant has entered the Giveaway voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. Entrant acknowledges that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between Entrant and UOT and that no such relationship is established by Entrant’s participation in the Giveaway.
18. FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Utah, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with the Giveaway are hereby excluded, and Entrant expressly waives any and all such rights.
19. WINNER’S LIST: The name of the winner(s) for the Competition will be posted on UOT’s website within a reasonable time after the date of the Winner Announcement specified above.