The open road has many turns. You take comfort in knowing what's next. To help you find your way, these itineraries plot inspirational routes through Utah, from the iconic classics to the hidden gems. Day-by-day choices help you carve your own path from the endless outdoor recreation, stunning red rock landscapes, vast forests on high mountain ranges and exciting towns and cities where you may just want to spend a few extra days.
Step one: get here. Easy. Step two: get around. Thanks to excellent highway infrastructure and other transportation options, getting around is easy too. Chances are, you'll want to take the scenic route. Good news: There's always a scenic route.
Start by filtering your travel preferences below to explore options, or jump to one of our classic itineraries:
• Anglers Delight, a 5-day journey to one of the most diverse and prolific fisheries in the West.
• Dino Trekker is a a full immersion, 7-day trip through the rich dinosaur fossil record of Utah's own Jurassic World.
• Must-Do Road Trip Itineraries include seven detailed ways to explore the state
• The Mighty 5 has PDFs of popular 3, 5, 7 and 10-day itineraries through Utah's five spectacular national parks.
• Powder Dreams a 3-day ski vacation with quick access to three distinct ski areas and a choice of seven resorts.
More Utah Road Trips
With 27 designated scenic byways, undiscovered roads, and some of America's most diverse terrain, the Road to Mighty continues here:
Salt Lake City
Experience the vibrant urban culture of Utah's international gateway to adventure, then head south toward The Mighty 5® national parks.