Poised on Salt Lake City's center block, known as Temple Square, the construction of the Salt Lake LDS Temple was completed in 1893.
The Brigham City Tabernacle is a house of worship and a community-gathering place. It was built on a site personally chosen by Brigham Young, the church leader for whom the city was named, (435) 734-3315, www.boxeldercounty.org.
The Layton Daughters of the Utah Pioneers Museum contains a collection of artifacts from the Mormon pioneer settlement era, (801) 336-3930, or www.laytoncity.org.
At the Syracuse Museum and Cultural Center, resides the Wilcox log cabin which was built in the early 1850s in Farmington and moved to Syracuse between 1879 and 1883. Tours must be scheduled in advance by calling (801) 825-3633.
The Mormon Temple, on a Logan hillside, is a Cache Valley landmark, along with the Logan Tabernacle located on Main Street.
In Randolph, the home of former Mormon Church President Wilford Woodruff has been restored and is open for tours.
Salt Lake City
This Is The Place Heritage Park, 2601 Sunnyside Ave, (801) 582-1847, www.thisistheplace.org, includes Old Deseret Village, a living history museum that recreates a typical Mormon community between 1847-1869. Another of the park's features is the This is the Place Monument, erected in 1947 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the arrival of Mormon pioneers. An audio presentation and three-wall mural portraying the 2,000-mile migration of LDS settlers are featured at the information center.
The Provo LDS Tabernacle was built in 1883. The brickwork, stained glass and interior woodwork are as remarkable as the mellow tones of its fine organ. Due to a fire in late 2010, the Provo Tabernacle is currently undergoing restoration and is expected to be open again in 2015. (801) 851-2100, (800) 222-8824, www.utahvalley.org.
Benson Grist Mill, 325 State Rd 138, Stansbury Park, (435) 882-7678., www.bensonmill.org, is a living museum and visitor's center where farmer markets, festivals and pageants are held. It is reportedly the oldest and best-preserved historic building between Salt Lake City and Reno, Nevada.